About this blog

Hello fellow Class of '89ers! I've created this blog as a place for us to share photos and memories before and after our 20 year class reunion on July 25-26, 2009. I hope it will be a great way for us to have a "scrapbook" of our lives in high school, at the reunion, and the 20 years in between.

You can look down the list of names in the Blog Archive to the right for your old friends, or read each classmate's info by scrolling down and then clicking on "Older Posts" when you get to the bottom of the page. We have two photo albums or slideshows that you can view: one of photos from the reunion, and one with old and new photos of our classmates. I hope you enjoy them, and thanks for viewing!

Gwendolyn (Elmore) Miller

Gwen writes: Time has flown so swiftly since high school. I have been married for 16 years, to a wonderful, kind man (Daryl); and we have two precious children: Grace Hailey, age 9, and James II, age 5. We currently pastor Cornerstone Pentecostal Church of God down here at Dumas, and we have been here for nearly four years. I often refer to my location as Egypt...due to the plagues of mosquitoes, green tree frogs, waterbugs, crickets (no, not the occasional cricket...this is pull into a parking lot and walk over crickets, open the door and have them fall in your hair while you're dusting your screaming children off, kind of crickets)and so much more; this completely justified my term of Egypt on this place. The people here are kind, and take good care of us. Just our time here alone has been eventful. We survived the two tornadoes that wiped out 1/3 of our town, and that's not counting the four since then! Life in the parsonage has been interesting as well, not really what you would call 'dull'. The cropdusters, the endless vistas of crops growing, and swamps which border the parsonage are filled with many creatures I pretend to know nothing of, especially as night blankets the horizons! My first fishing trip was during the breeding season of alligators! Who knew?!

Let's see, after high school I attended First Gospel Bible Institute in Export, Pennsylvania. And the list of colleges goes on from there...they change as frequently as we change our locations. My husband was a Marine when I married him (I know, once a Marine always a Marine ). We met when my parents (who were ministers) moved to Russellville to pastor a church there; my husband's parents pastored the 'other' Pentecostal church...yes, you could call it a "match made in heaven!" (3-27-1993). We moved to Camp Lejueune, North Carolina where he was stationed for two years. After transferring to the Air Guard we moved back home to Arkanasas. Shortly after this the Lord opened the doors for us to pastor in Bentonville, AR where our little girl arrived to the delight of us all. From there we moved to Harrison, AR to pastor a church in that mountain town, it was here my darling son arrived. When I think about the gift of my children, my eyes fill with tears, and I have no words. Motherhood has been such a joy, can't wait to see what adventures we have in store!

I'm working on a book, "Life from the Parsonage," hope to have it completed by the end of this year. I have sold my stories and look forward to more in this line of work. A pastor's wife is not on 'Forbes' list! lol How long will I be here? Only the Lord knows. I have so much to tell, and no space. Feel free to email me, or look me up on Facebook - theparsonswife. I want to use this space to say, "Stacy, I have never forgotten you, and still miss you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment