About this blog

Hello fellow Class of '89ers! I've created this blog as a place for us to share photos and memories before and after our 20 year class reunion on July 25-26, 2009. I hope it will be a great way for us to have a "scrapbook" of our lives in high school, at the reunion, and the 20 years in between.

You can look down the list of names in the Blog Archive to the right for your old friends, or read each classmate's info by scrolling down and then clicking on "Older Posts" when you get to the bottom of the page. We have two photo albums or slideshows that you can view: one of photos from the reunion, and one with old and new photos of our classmates. I hope you enjoy them, and thanks for viewing!

Julie (Munnerlyn) Petty

Julie has been married to Brian Petty for 7 years. They have two sons, Logan, age 5, and Warren, 3. Julie lives in Fayettevillle and currently works as a policy analyst on disability issues. Julie writes, "I went to John Brown after high school, failed out of John Brown, traveled around for a few years, moved to Hot Springs in 1994 to attend Hot Springs Rehabilitation and Vocational school, learned a trade there, did not like it, so went back to community college and got my GPA back up. I transferred to UA Fayetteville in 1997. I attended UA part time. My other time was spent building a grassroots statewide self advocacy organization called Arkansas People First for and run by people with development disabilities.

I met my husband at U of A and got married in 2001. Became a national leader in disability rights movement. Became a policy analyst for Human Services Research Institute in 2006. I work part time for HSRI and part time for Partners for Inclusive Communities/UAMS. At both jobs I work on various grant funded projects."

No comments:

Post a Comment